Printable and editable text areas in dfm2html

Forum rules
giosafat

Printable and editable text areas in dfm2html

Post by giosafat » Sat May 21, 2011 9:59 am

Hi everybody, sorry for my english; i'm italian and i use dfm2html for 3 years.
I really love this software and i have tried a lot of new ways to use it in this period, for example saving my personal forms or paypal button codes in the presets etc.
I think that an interesting way to use it (i just used this method several times) could be this:
- install and configure the free version of snippetmaster (a simple content editor):
http://www.snippetmaster.com/index.php
- create a user (power) who can be edit only the "snippets", that is the parts of the text included from the tags
<!-- #BeginSnippet name="name" --> and <!-- #EndSnippet -->
In dfm2html i can put between these tags all the text that i want to make editable.
But how can i do if the edited text becomes longer than the panel that contains it?
Simply creating a "page" object (2nd icon) having automatic scroll bars. Putting the text inside them, the edited text can be scrolled and the panel dimension is no longer a problem.
And if the "page" object is implemented as "iframe", dfm2html creates an html file for each "page" object containing only the text.
At this point, you can make a button called "printable version" that links to those html pages.
And finally make a button that links to the "snippetmaster" folder (to the login page).
This is a sort of very simple cms integrated in dfm2html.

reuterr

Re: Printable and editable text areas in dfm2html

Post by reuterr » Sat May 21, 2011 10:49 am

Buon giorno,
molto bene y mille grazie! That sounds very interesting. I'm gonna translate that into German...
Ciao

Return to “English Forum”