Convert dtm2html website to WordPress

Forum rules
FreedomV

Convert dtm2html website to WordPress

Post by FreedomV » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 am

Hi,
Is there a script or utility that will convert a DFM2HTML website to WordPress? The DFM2HTML website is beautiful and functional, but client desires to use WordPress plug-ins.
Thanks!

reuterr

Re: Convert dtm2html website to WordPress

Post by reuterr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:22 am

Hello,
no, that's not possible up to now. J.Kiegeland has been asked about converting this genius tool into a word-press-template thing.
If he does at all one of these days, it most likely will not be freeware any longer, plus there would be the need of all kinds of plugins....
So depending on what your client wants to do, the simplest way would be via WORD (or similar) generated webpages stored in a specific folder and shown in the website via iframes. But this way your client has to have access to the server via an FTP and the results are most likely not really fabulous.
Else you have to stick with word-press or any other CMS.
Too bad, I know, but you can't win em all, can you?
Regards

FreedomV

Post by FreedomV » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

Well, thank you for the response. Guess I'm sunk. On the other hand, is there a way to use WordPress plug-ins in DFM2HTML? What the client would like to do is take advantage of some of the WordPress plug-in functionality. Can the plug-in code be added within DFM2HTML somehow?

Thanks!

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:30 am

Hi there,
there is a "direct-html" object contained in the Editor which can be used to embed any other html-code.
But so far I have only seen this being used for embedding WORD generated pages (which - imho - is much easier to achieve by using an iframe and address the WORD-doc via URL) and mini-scripts like back-links and google-maps codes etc...
But what you could do is creating a very simple word-press page which only holds the functions needed by your client and show this via an iframe in the main website which still could be created with DFM2HTML. Maybe that's a useful option for you.
Cheers

FreedomV

Post by FreedomV » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:36 pm

That may be an option. Thanks! The one glitch I can think of would be the background. When I create the simple Wordpress page, would I use the same background that I currently have on the existing DFM2HTML website, or would the iFrame code pick up the DFM2HTML background so that everything would look uniform?

Thanks for your reply!

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi, sorry for the delay........... been around.........
No, even if you would set a colored background for the iFrame, it is not actually shown. You have to do any style tuning in the wordpress dokument itself.
Regards

FreedomV

Post by FreedomV » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Reuterr...

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know, and is an easy matter to include the background in the Wordpress document. No worries.

Thanks again!

Return to “English Forum”