The menu remains open - please help

Forum rules
giuclea

The menu remains open - please help

Post by giuclea » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:21 am

I came to realize that dfm2html is a wonderful piece of software, although I'm still on my way to get accustomed with it.
There is one little thing that annoys me: the menu object remains open after remaining for a little while over one of its items.
After that, you'll have to click outside (not always a solution) or to hover another menu in order to get it closed.
Please tell me if there is a way/setting to avoid such behavior?
Regards to everyone!

reuterr

Re: The menu remains open - please help

Post by reuterr » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi,
if you have NOT set "Show scrollbars" to "no" you just click on the right scrollbar(area if not active) and the menu vanishes into the background.
Rgds.

giuclea

Post by giuclea » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:20 am

Thank you, but the idea is the menu should close by itself no matter what.

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 am

Hello,
well, if you're in editing mode, some things - such as link operations - are slightly different from the test mode behavior or the final HTML-page....
Think about what a drag it is to achieve only almost similar results with other editors. Just a click on the right scroll bar area is not really what can be called an imposition, don't you think? AND: Despite being a masterpiece of ingenuity it's freeware!
Cheers

giuclea

Post by giuclea » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 am

Hello,

Couldn't agree more with you, but it seems there's a bit of misunderstanding here: I'm not talking about editing mode (here I can handle very well this insignificant glitch), but about the final HTML page, where the menus, if handled with no rush, remain open (for example those in the menu tutorial after generating the HTML page) and the trouble is suffered by the user, not the designer. I am sorry for not being very clear, so I'll try to post a short movie .

All the best to you,

Andrei G.

giuclea

Post by giuclea » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:26 pm

And this in what I mean:
http://vitisim.ro/test/example.htm

I keep clicking and nothing happens!

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:12 pm

Aaahhh,
I think now I got you....
Have you ever tried that when such a menu-tree (so to say) was part of an actual website project?
'Cos I think your problem is: There is nothing opening when a link not related to another sub-menu is clicked. You stay on this same page(well, it's not really a page) all the time.
As soon as you would come back to the topmost menu from any other page you'd only see menu3(in this case) and wouldn't have any sub-menu opened. To simulate that just click on browser-refresh
OR:
In the editor cut the entire menu-tree, insert just a new page object, paste it in there and then it works as you want it to - thus, sub-menus closing by just clicking on the page area itself.
Here's the ZIP:
MenuTest.zip
I think/hope that's what you was complaining about.

Cheerio,
Roland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

giuclea

Post by giuclea » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:11 am

Well, it might not work in every circumstance, but it's a nice workaround and I really thank you for your concern and efforts, Roland.

Return to “English Forum”