missing folders after publishing

Forum rules
Norbert

missing folders after publishing

Post by Norbert » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi everybody,

(first website, new to html, please bear with me)

I'm having trouble with publishing my website, which includes an image gallery created with: www.simpleviewer.net
The problem is that when I publish the site, there is two folders in my main folder, containing info about the gallery,
and they are not transferred to my provider.
My knowledge about ftp is also very intangible.

Can anyone help me please?

reuterr

Re: missing folders after publishing

Post by reuterr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 am

Hi there,
1. How did you embed your gallery? Did you try it directly within the DFM2HTML Editor via the "file" object?
If YES, the program DOES NOT embed binders in the generated folder after publishing. You have to do that manually(drag +drop i.e.). I assume your gallerymaker generates a html-folder plus a folder containing the pics.
2. I would recommend - depending on your gallery - to show it within an iframe. If you're doing that, all you have to do is uploading the entire gallery-folder as it is and set the path to it in an iframe - either as a complete URL(src="http://www.mydomain.com/mygalleries/myf ... index.html") or, if you upload it onto the server level containing you entire homepage by just setting it's path to src="myfotogallery/index.html" i.e.
3. The editor holds an FTP which does work properly but my recommendation would be, using an external FTP like Mozillas' FileZilla or similar.
You have a better overview concerning your folder organisation this way.
4. Or you can just set a link in your website with the target set to "_blank" and have your gallery displayed in a new browser window or TAB.
5. Since you have a German name - do you understand German at all? If yes, there is an Advanced DFM2HTML Workshop-Download in the German Forum.
Maybe that could be of help for you to figure certain things within DFM2HTML out.
Cheers

Norbert

Re: missing folders after publishing

Post by Norbert » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi reuterr,
thanks a lot for helping me.
I managed to upload missing folders with Filezilla, which was actually not a problem.
Thank you as well for the link in the german forum. You were correct assuming that I'm german.
The workshop will keep me busy for a while and it will definitely teach me a lot.

Best regards,
Norbert

Return to “English Forum”