"Home" - link does not work

Forum rules
Norbert

"Home" - link does not work

Post by Norbert » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi,
something really strange. After publishing my website, which is still under construction I get following phenomenon: when I click on links for page 2 and 3 ..., the links will get me there but when I want to get back to page 1 with link "Home" I get an error message, that the page cannot be found.
Please check yourself: www.helmtex.co.za
Click on "Contact us" and then on "Home". What did I do wrong? The only thing what I could think is wrong, is that the source behind the link is: www.helmtex.co.za/index instead of ...../index.php as it appears after I do publish, preview. The previewed webpage works perfect.
Any help is highly appreciated. It might be something very small, slowly but sure it will drive me nuts, though.

Best regards,
Norbert

reuterr

Re: "Home" - link does not work

Post by reuterr » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:53 am

Hi there,
You have to be aware of that the program generates all the contained pages with the "*.php" suffix instead of "*.html" as soon as you have implemented either the contactForm or the visitorCounter. So it could be, that you - all of a sudden - have 2 of every page - one .php and one .html, since the editor only ADDS new objects to its html-folder. It does NOT erase obsoletes. Btw: PHP only works on servers not on ordinary PCs.

You have a link-naming calamity!! :(
The "Home"-link leads to "http://www.helmtex.co.za/index.html" only from the very first page.
On all other pages this link reads:"http://www.helmtex.co.za/index.php".
Maybe you once had php-functions active and if now there's no more "index.php".....

I recommend you erase all the previous content in the HTML-binder generated by the program and do a new "publish".
I you still have that problem send the dfm-file to info@ichrr.de
Maybe I can figure out what's wrong.
Rgds,
Roland

Return to “English Forum”