PLEASE HELP- impossible publish or preview website

Forum rules
fabrizi

PLEASE HELP- impossible publish or preview website

Post by fabrizi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:58 pm

my problem is this:

when i have finish to modify the website in dfm2html i save the project and after i try to publish directly to my ftp or i try to generate an offline preview
when i try to do this 2 operation i receive always some error and the process crash ... i cant publish my website and it s stopped because i cant update my website

please i need help :(

reuterr

Re: PLEASE HELP- impossible publish or preview website

Post by reuterr » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Hello,
can you come back here with a screenshot showing the content of the folder which is generated by the program?
Do you try to alter these generated pages with a text editor to fit your needs? Sometimes poeple do that for whatever reason and end up in a real mess.
Normally when publishing your homepage the embedded FTP loads it up to the server, once it's properly set up.
But you don't have to do that in order to checkout your website prior to an upload - unless you have php-functions such as visitor-counter or contactform implemented. If you're doing a 1st time publish you set up your local path for the folder to be generated:
Snap 2011-12-13 at 14.00.01.png
Then you choose "Publish" / "Publish" and enter in the "Host"-field anything containing a dot (".") and click on the "OK"-button.
Snap 2011-12-13 at 14.01.16.png
You receive an error message but you just skip that.
Then you can open your generated HTML-folder and click on "index.html".....

Can you do that at all??
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “English Forum”