Horizontal gallery problem

Forum rules
DavidK

Horizontal gallery problem

Post by DavidK » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Hello,

DFM2HTML is great and useful aplication, but I think there is a bug. If I create large horizontal picture gallery (manualy placed 60 or more photos), for some reason pictures from begining (or from end) lost their positions and they are placed in one place. Can I somehow solve it or work around?

Thanks for your help.
David

reuterr

Re: Horizontal gallery problem

Post by reuterr » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi David,
One question first:
Why having such a lot of work rather than using using a "real" gallerymaker and embedding the show via an iframe? (which I also recommend for a DFM2HTML-show)
Anyways:
I'm not sure if creating a DFM2HTML-show holding such alot of pics is technically possible.
I have never tried more than 20 pics and there could be a maximum px-size for a panel or a page holding such a mass of pictures.
(I know there is a limit for copying text into a dfm-text-panel-object)
How large are those pictures? Are you using thumbnails to address them? You should also be aware of the loading time of such a big gallery.
If you can think of it, split the show into 2.
Come back here with a screenshot of your gallery so I can get an idea of how it looks like.
If you wish you can also send a copy of the dfm-file to info@ichrr.de so I can play with it and maybe figure out the problem or cause of your symptom.
Regards,
Roland

DavidK

Post by DavidK » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 am

Hi Roland,

thanks for your reply, here are some examples.
First link is gallery which I made a few days ago (my friends wedding),
second link is the same gallery without any changes, I just save it and reopen it.
http://davidklimovic.com/0206kt/
http://davidklimovic.com/dfm2html/

I like this simply design and all gallery makers make some ''special effects'' (reflections, lightbox, some kind of menu, or arrows).

For this kind of gallery isn't loading time the most important thing, so thumbnails aren't neccesary.

I know it's possibly making it by php etc., but I'm not very well in these things..
Do you know some gallery maker, which can make simply horizontal gallery? I've tried over twenty and I wasn't succes.

Thank you
David

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi David,
in the 2nd show (dfm2html) you see, if displaying the source-code in the browser, that starting from image57 up to image98 all left position settings are "left:32767px".
Whereas in the 0206kt gallery all images have ascending left orientation values. Thus the last image(98) is at "left:56941px"....
So show no.1 works properly. It seems like something happend while ceating the gallery in the editor....

To your question: No, I don't know a horizontal galerymaker. Maybe someone else reading this does.....

Since gallery no.1 is ok you're all set, aren't you.
Anyways, here's another idea of creating a cool and fast loading picture show with DFM2HTML by using DHTML-Menues.
It also contains the dfm-file to show you how its been done.
DavidK.zip
It's not much more time consuming than an ordinary horizontal scrollable gallery I suppose.
After unzip click on index.html in the show folder.

Cheers,
Roland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DavidK

Post by DavidK » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:16 am

Yes, this problem is only if left position seting is more than approximately 32500, so my solution is split gallery into two or more panels.

Thanks for zip file, I'll use it in future, it looks very useful.

Thank you again for your help
David

Return to “English Forum”