DFM2HTML as Open Source?

Forum rules
ibm2100

DFM2HTML as Open Source?

Post by ibm2100 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:40 am

First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity as a gratitude to the great software that is DFM2HTML. This is the closest you can get as far as drag-and-drop visual approach to building web pages is concerned. However, we would like to know what lies ahead for DFM2HTML? Is there a bit of chance that it would be released as open source? I am saying this because, DFM2HTML is already awesome, and we would like it to be even more awesome with the help of crowdsourcing. More people looking at every nook and cranny, more features that can be developed at a much rapid pace. Is it high time that we look into offering DFM2HTML as open source? We would like the community to speak your mind and imagine what lies ahead. Thank you very much.

reuterr

Re: DFM2HTML as Open Source?

Post by reuterr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 am

Hi there,
just to inform the community: an OpenSource Version is available now.........
Cheers

Rommel

Re: DFM2HTML as Open Source?

Post by Rommel » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:55 am

Wow, I'm so happy to hear the good news. :D I am not a programmer but I hope a lot of people would take interest/take part in contributing for DFM2HTML for it is really a worthwhile project. Thanks again Jorg for being so generous.

I am also happy to find out that Jorg's priority on his next to do list are:

Features of DFM2HTML in the future:

- LIQUID OR FIXED LAYOUT + AUTO-HEIGHT PAGE (FOR DYNAMIC CONTENT)
- Use CSS gradients (with multiple color steps)

Jorg, thanks for listening. A lot will be watching out for this features. Again thanks.

Return to “English Forum”