Forum rules
Rommel

Need help with Jquery Slide-up Footer

Post by Rommel » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:39 pm

To roland and giorgio...

I've been testing and trying to implement this:
http://return-true.com/2010/04/jquery-p ... version-2/
http://return-true.com/examples/slidefooter2.html

...but I am having no luck...any way to this in DFM2HTML? ;)

giosafat

Re: Need help with Jquery Slide-up Footer

Post by giosafat » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi, Rommel,
yes, you can do it, look at the attached file, it's all explained inside the DFM2HTML project.
Tell me if you have any doubts.
Giorgio
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:50 am

Giorgio,

That went perfectly fine. Thank you. :)

Giorgio, is it possible to put an Iframe inside this slide-up footer? What I would like to accomplish is to layout a separate web page where I will put graphic links of the whole website. Then show this page inside the sliding footer through the use of an Iframe as shown on the attachment below.
sliding footer with iframe [320x200].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

giosafat

Post by giosafat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 pm

I hope I have understood your requirement; inside the HTML object you can write the code relating to a series of div or, if want, you can recall another html page as iframe. This page could be created in a separate DFM2HTML project (obviously the exported html page an the css shoul have different names, otherwise you can put these files in a subfolder). In this way you can use the potential of DFM2HTML to create the footer.

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Hi there,
Here's another way to have a "footer" available. It not as elegant in appearance as Giorgios solution - less professional, though - but it's all done with DFM2HTML.
In fact I used DHTML-Menues to do that. I think it could serve as a neet workaround.
I have inserted 2 footers where the 1st one is pretty similar to Giorgios, the 2nd one shows an iframe you were asking for....
See the ZIP-file for further info/instructions. After UNZIP you find a folder "HP" in there click on "index.html".....

Cheers,
Roland

p.s.: The original ZIP contained a little problem: the opening footers were overlayed by the page content. This is fixed in the new ZIP-file...

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 am

@ Giorgio

I found a website which implements the same jquery slide-up footer script and also uses an iframe which contains the navigational bar/buttons of the whole site. I was wondering though how the navigational bar inside the iframe can call the different pages of the site, refreshes and load the desired page in the same browser window without being trap inside the frame.

http://www.gordw.com/

@ Roland

Way to go... Nice workaround as I can control the design of the footer and I can put text and image elements the way I like. Is there a way though to make the sliding up smoother? :D

Also, thank you to both of you. I have seen both of your sites and your portfolios and they are very very impressive. Do you do full time web design? What are the set of skills that one needs to develop in order excel in this field? My utmost gratitude to both of you my friends :D .

@Jorg

Jorg, your always quiet (and perhaps always busy) but hey I owe you on this wonderful software. I really hope that DFM2HTML can support "relative positioning" in the very very very near future... I've been dreaming to create dynamic websites. Thank you always. :D

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi again,
nope, I'm afraid by just using DFM2HTML no smooth scrolling is possible.
I am not a pro - I'm doing this just for the heck of it.....
The website you are referring to is absolutely high-end if it comes to designing. However, as far as I see it, they created different standalone webpages which are selectable by the links on their footer. There's a footer copy on every page. That can be done with DFM2HTML as well:
Create one page with one footer made out of DHTML-objects as shown in my ZIP.
At this point you should already know how many pages your site will consist of to embed the needed number of links. Any later changes you'll have to repeat for every single page, which can be a drag... Then you make copies of this first page and rename these.
If you check out the link naming of my website http://www.ichrr.de you can probably figure out what I mean. Here's a pic of how its organized. The Startpage is "unpacked" in the root-section (recognize the index.html) and all other pages (S2-S11) are in seperate folders which are addressed by the links.
01.jpg

Come back here if you're puzzled.
Regards,
Roland

Return to “English Forum”