Auto-adapt in version 8!

Forum rules
giosafat

Auto-adapt in version 8!

Post by giosafat » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Hi everybody, i still haven't tested old dfm files in version 8, but i speedy tested the "auto adapt" function (that Jörg call "liquid layout").
This is the function that I required in this forum and the explanation is here:
http://www.dfm2html.com/liquid_demo/
It is NOT necessary to use the position "Full Parent" for labels, the only thing to do is set "keep constand distance" from both TOP and BOTTOM.
Also the label could be inside a panel and NOT necessarely directly inside the page, it is marvellous.
Now DFM2HTML integrated with snippetmaster or fusionnews or other content editors, can be used to generate sites editable from the back-end!!!
And editable contents together with the flexibility of DFM2HTML in designing layouts is better than having a CMS!

Rommel

Re: Auto-adapt in version 8!

Post by Rommel » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:27 am

Giorgio,

For many months of pondering on the liquid layout/auto adapt content, I finally understood the concept and made it work. I managed to make 1 column expanding with cutenews blog script embeded on an HTML object set to full parent and footer panel set to bottom position. My question is I would like to make 2 or 3 columns expanding as these columns will also handle dynamic content such as the category list, auto-updateable side menu, calendar, etc. Any idea?

giosafat

Post by giosafat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:32 pm

I haven't tested a multi-column layout with dinamic content, yet. I think that the higher column determines the height of the whole page, but if the sidebar contain more than one block and if each of them can have variable height, I think that you should have the possibility to put the code of all blocks in single html object.

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:18 am

giosafat wrote:... but if the sidebar contain more than one block and if each of them can have variable height, I think that you should have the possibility to put the code of all blocks in single html object.
Giorgio, what do you mean by this?

giosafat

Post by giosafat » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:47 am

You said that "columns will also handle dynamic content such as the category list, auto-updateable side menu, calendar, etc."
I mean that it could be possible, but the code/script of all these contents should be in an unique html object, cause if these are dynamic contents, you can't know the position of each (eg. category list) so that you can't put different html object in the same column if you don't know the exact position of each of them.

Return to “English Forum”