Wish list for future versions of DFM2HTML

Forum rules
Rommel

Wish list for future versions of DFM2HTML

Post by Rommel » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 am

Although DFM2HTML is already a great application, adding these features wouldn't hurt:

1. Ruler
2. The ability to export html/publish website to a selected folder/ export command
3. Events editor for animations
4. HTML tables
5. External CSS/ the ability/option to separate the CSS from the generated HTML (for speedier loading and SEO purpose: "content to code ratio")

What about you? What are the features you think will be a great addition to DFM2HTML?

giosafat

Re: Wish list for future versions of DFM2HTML

Post by giosafat » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:05 pm

The ability to export html/publish website to a selected folder/ export command
You can set the local folder in "publish-page properties", then every time you launch "publish-preview", you export there all html files.
My proposals:
a) after inserting an image, the possibility to change dimensions directly (without removing the checkmarks "auto height" and "auto width" and setting "adapted" in the "image" tab).
b) after inserting an image, the possibility to maintain the proportions (aspect ratio) between height and width when pulling the edges
c) obtain w3c validation

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:35 am

You can set the local folder in "publish-page properties", then every time you launch "publish-preview", you export there all html
I missed that one. Maybe a clean export will be nice where in old deleted images/objects are are automatically deleted from the export folder during preview/publish.

W3C compliance... :D Nice one. I would love that too.

Anothers additions I would love to see:
1. Built in slideshow and gallery maker
2. Regarding "links": the abilty to link to locally published web pages or local html files that way if a website contains many pages, we can split the website into different project files and link them altogether i.e. for easy page management
3. Group, Ungroup, Lock, Unlock, object alignment features

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:07 am

Hi,
...if a website contains many pages, we can split the website into different project files and link them altogether i.e. for easy page management
That's in fact not a big problem!
I am doing that all the time.
If you check out my homepage http://www.ichrr.de you might recognise that every main page is a standalone website.
The only trick is the link setting. If you are using I.E. you can not see right away how the links are set. In Mozilla Firefox for example you can check this easily out in the lower left corner.

All you have to do is - once you have figured out, that your website is gonna be very comprehensive - creating your pure layout once, no content at this point, and then loacally storing it several times with different names. I.E.: page1( as your primary page might be "Startpage"), page2(a secondary page, might be "About Us"), page3, 4, 5, etc... The storage locations of all "secondary pages" would be within the "Primary page folder.
Your "Start- or Primarypage" then would be THE unpacked "root-level-page" and all other pages are packed in a single folder (P2, P3, etc) on that same level.
Here's how I organised my website in a local folder.
01.jpg
And it appears that same way on the server. The "S2-11" are the different standalone pages.

I hope that explains it good enough.
Cheers, Roland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

giosafat

Post by giosafat » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:26 am

Hi, Reuterr, I hope I understand your explanation, but it's not clear if you have a unique css in this way.
It would be nice.

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Rolland,

I hope there is an easier way to link external web pages which are located locally in my computer. If you use the LINK TOOL, the property palette shows option: LINK TO PAGE and EXTERNAL LINKS. In the EXTERNAL LINK, the options are HTTP; FTP; MAILTO and JAVASCIPT. Link to LOCAL HTML files is missing. This will be very handy from time to time if we need to link different web projects and published them at same time.

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:30 am

Regarding linking locally located HTML pages, We can use the FILE tool to call up the file and the LINK tool to set a link or a connection to that file, so it is possible after all to link local HTML pages. My mistake.

giosafat

Post by giosafat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:36 am

You can link any html page simply going in the "Link" tab and writing the name of the html page in the field "URL", e.g.:
contact.html (if the page is in the same folder)
subpage/contact.html (if the page is in the folder "subpage")
/contact.html (if you are in a subfolder and you want to link a page in the "root", it works on remote)
etc...

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:57 am

Thanks Giorgio for pointing that out.

More suggestions in improving/adding features to DFM2HTML:
1. Snap to object
2. Zoom tool
3. Pan tool

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Fri May 31, 2013 5:36 am

Additional suggestions:

- ability to add user defined meta tags such meta for robots(index,follow...etc), revisit, expiration, caching...although this can be done by adding these metags at the Head portion of the page, it will be easier if this additional option is available.

- alt text attribute for images

- favicon

- most importantly, as Giorgio said ability to resize images proportionally

Return to “English Forum”