Alt Text: How to?

Forum rules
Rommel

Alt Text: How to?

Post by Rommel » Thu May 30, 2013 3:05 am

How do I add alternative text to my images? It seems this option/feature is not available or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

giosafat

Re: Alt Text: How to?

Post by giosafat » Thu May 30, 2013 8:31 am

Hi Rommel,
I think the only way to add an "alt tex"t is going in "special styles" and write it as "html additional attributes", e.g. "alt="my alt text".

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Thu May 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Hi,
I'm not sure, if I understand your reasons - if just a simple renaming of the object ID or using the tooltip field to display some additional text isn't enough and you expect some text only after clicking on the image you can use under "Misc" / "Special Styles" / "additional html.attributes" this:
onclick="javascript:alert('hi')" and replace the "hi" with your text. The only limit there would be, no apostrophes allowed.

By using both possibilities you could - for example - use the tooltip first for something like this: "to learn more click on image"
and in the additional html field more explanations concerning the picture.
Cheers,
Roland

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Thu May 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Giorgio, thank you for quickly pointing that one. :D

Roland, my reason is basically only for SEO. Spiders will easily find or index an image especially if it has alternative text attached to it.

@ Giorgio, have you already found a workaround to resize an image proportionally? I'm having troubles resizing pictures once inside DFM.

giosafat

Post by giosafat » Thu May 30, 2013 11:54 pm

No, Rommel, unfortunately I haven't found a workaround to resize an image proportionally :cry:

Rommel

Post by Rommel » Fri May 31, 2013 5:15 am

I hope that Jorg will address this issue/add this option on his next update as it will save a lot of time. Jumping from a graphic editor/image resizer to dfm and back and forth in order to resize images proportionally is a little bit tedious I suppose.

Return to “English Forum”