Improving Image Quality and Centering

Forum rules
Serif

Improving Image Quality and Centering

Post by Serif » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Okay, I would just like to start off by saying I am SO glad I found this program. It is exactly what I was looking for. I have been using it for about a month now and am still getting everything figured out.

My first question is, how do I improve the image quality? When I upload the site the images look very grainy. The original images are in either .PNG or .JPG format, but like I said on the site they look grainy, like they are in .GIF form.

Also, another question.. How do I "center" a panel on the page. Like, I want to do one main panel in the center where I will put the content. I want it to render on the center of all browsers and screen resolutions.

Thanks!

fbinsa

Re: Improving Image Quality and Centering

Post by fbinsa » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 pm

I had the same problem and actually asked for help from the owner
But anyway, I found out that when inserting the image it would automatically format the object
So, when inserting *jpg images, I now specify under the "object" tab "jpg"
There is a vast improvment

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi there,
to obtain a good picture quality the best thing do to would be bringing it to the required (jpg-)size with a good program, like Photoshop or GIMP(freeware).
Even storing them with quality set to medium gives you good results. Also setting to JGP if you don't need any transparency gives a better quality and less data to transfer.

To auto center any object you just do not check the corresponding fields in the objects' position TAB under "keep distance constant to".
I.e. in the main panel containing your stuff you just wanna check "top parent edge" and "bottom parent edge". That's all.
Cheers

Serif

Post by Serif » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:09 pm

Thank you for answering my question. :)

I don't want to start a new topic... but I do have another question.
I have been trying to understand how to make menu's with this program. Horizontal drop down menus, to be exact. I've looked at the presets over and over and the tutorial, but I am still at a loss.

Can someone, perhaps try to explain it a different way to me, so maybe I can understand it?
Thank you in advance.

reuterr

Post by reuterr » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 am

Ok, you don't necessarily have to use a preset menue in order to get a horizontal dropdown. See this pic:
LinkMenue.JPG
I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Roland
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “English Forum”